Huffington Post Blog Entries by Janet Carlson
- Tue, 07 Apr 2015 15:52:32 +0000: Why Did Dr. Fredric Brandt Die? - Janet Carlson
I can't help thinking of the clash between notions of tolerance in our society, for which we so often pat ourselves on the back, and our compulsive fascination and heartless criticism of "misfits", aka the bravely idiosyncratic and original.
- Fri, 19 Sep 2014 17:19:41 +0000: Is Your Child a Mouth-Breather? There's New Help at the Dentist - Janet Carlson
If your child is a mouth-breather, take her to the allergist and pediatric ENT, yes. But don't stop there. Find a dentist or other airway expert who can join in treatment of the whole picture for the whole child. You'll sleep better for it.
- Fri, 30 Mar 2012 07:20:16 +0000: Death, Taxes and To-Do Lists: You Can Take the Sting Out of One of Them - Janet Carlson
I've found a way to tame the "to-do list" beast. It came to me a few years ago, when I was trying to establish a better balance between work and whatever else.
- Wed, 21 Dec 2011 03:54:13 +0000: Am I Crazy To Buy Gifts For My Ex’s New Family? - Janet Carlson
Last year during the holiday shopping madness I always fail to avoid, I found myself at Chef Central with my daughters, whipping out my charge card to pay for $150 worth of gifts they'd selected for their father, his longtime girlfriend, and her two children
- Wed, 09 Nov 2011 16:00:54 +0000: Up With Stereotypes! Is Defining a Real Man Today <i>Really</i> Politically Incorrect? - Janet Carlson
At pivotal times, stereotypes serve as just the platform we need -- something solid and obvious against which to rebel. Lucille Ball's antics on<em> I Love Lucy</em> were that funny because they were so not the proper behavior of a proper housewife in the 1950s.