Huffington Post Blog Entries by Janet Carlson
- Fri, 30 Mar 2012 11:19:32 +0000: Death, Taxes and To-Do Lists: You Can Take the Sting Out of One of Them - Janet Carlson
I've found a way to tame the "to-do list" beast. It came to me a few years ago, when I was trying to establish a better balance between work and whatever else.
- Wed, 21 Dec 2011 08:55:43 +0000: Buying Gifts For Your Ex: Is That The Spirit? - Janet Carlson
Last year during the holiday shopping madness I always fail to avoid, I found myself at Chef Central with my daughters, whipping out my charge card to pay for $150 worth of gifts they'd selected for their father, his longtime girlfriend, and her two children
- Wed, 09 Nov 2011 21:02:17 +0000: Up With Stereotypes! Is Defining a Real Man Today Really Politically Incorrect? - Janet Carlson
At pivotal times, stereotypes serve as just the platform we need -- something solid and obvious against which to rebel. Lucille Ball's antics on I Love Lucy were that funny because they were so not the proper behavior of a proper housewife in the 1950s.
- Sat, 04 Dec 2010 19:18:00 +0000: A Manual for Men: Let's Talk Real Men - Janet Carlson
The fact that we're all so worked up about gender roles, relationships and communication, still, after all this time, tells us something. At least we care.
- Sun, 07 Nov 2010 16:56:00 +0000: Men In The Post-Women's-Lib World: Should We Give Them A How-To Guide? - Janet Carlson
Nobody rewrote the user's manual for men. And God knows, men rely on the manual. So how were men to know how to behave vis-à-vis women in the new order?