Friday Night Live: Dancing in the Streets of Hastings-on-Hudson
In her meringue workshop, Janet Carlson of Hastings showed how to have those stylish Latin hips. It’s all in how you step — and what not to move. “The only thing you should move aside from your hips is your eye lashes if you blink,” said Carlson, author of Quick, Before the Music Stops: How Ballroom Dancing Saved My Life. Carlson’s class was one of various workshops and demos that had people learning style along with steps. – Read the full article
Dance Credentials & Accomplishments
- 2010 Silver medalist with Darius Mosteika at Ohio Star Ball World Championship in International Standard.
- Certified in International Standard Ballroom Dancing by the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing, licentiate level, with high honors, 2003
- Friday Night Live “Dancing in the Streets” annual dance festival producer and teacher.
- Writer on the ballroom dance scene – HuffingtonPost
- Lecturer in ballroom dancing, Crystal Cruises.
- Launched Dance for Joy, social dance program at Cap Juluca, Anguilla, West Indies.